Remember those awful yellow seeds of Fenugreek that our mothers used to force us to eat for healthy hair? Well, she was not all wrong. Enriched with iron, protein, potassium, vitamins A, K and C, Fenugreek Seed Powder is a sure-shot natural remedy for many of our common hair related problems like flaky scalp, hair loss, etc. Using Fenugreek Seed Powder in hair masks can take its healing capabilities a few notches up.
The 5 incredible benefits
1) Reduces hair fall and premature ageing
Researchers have found that Fenugreek Seeds have remarkable anti-inflammatory properties. They are also high in their nutritional value and packed with antioxidants. It soothes irritated scalp and strengthens hair follicles to reduce hair thinning and hair loss. Also, its antioxidants work directly on dead skin cells to regenerate them and prevent premature aging and graying.
2) Treats flaky scalp and dandruff
There are many reasons for flaky scalp or dandruff like excess oil production, inflammation and dry skin or lack of moisture. The antifungal and calming properties of Fenugreek Seed Powder effectively soothe and moisturize the scalp by reducing itchiness, inflammation and dryness that leads to dandruff.
3) Repairs damaged hair
Enriched with vitamins A, K and C, Fenugreek Seeds effectively condition and repair the damaged hair strands from harmful effects of chemicals and heat styling tools. When mixed with other herbs like Amla and Reetha, you can use Fenugreek Seed Powder in hair masks for deep conditioning and repairing your dry and damaged hair.
4) Boosts hair growth
Protein and iron are two essential nutrients for hair growth which are present in abundance in Fenugreek Seeds. These nutrients enhance collagen production, strengthen hair roots and nourish hair follicles to improve hair quality and hair growth.
5) Restores lost shine
Fenugreek Seeds reduce hair damages caused by chemicals, heat styling tools and harmful UV rays. Also, they enhance the production of natural oil (sebum) in your hair which is primarily responsible for natural hair shine. As the damage reduces and sebum production increases, your hair starts looking more glossy and healthy.
How to use Fenugreek Seed Powder in hair masks at home?
You can easily use Fenugreek Seed Powder in hair masks at home to treat many of your common hair related issues. But, first, you must start with buying any 100% pure and natural fenugreek seed powder online (to avail best prices).
1) Fenugreek seed powder anti-hair fall mask
- Take 2 tbsp of Fenugreek Seed Powder and mix it with 5 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Make a thick paste and apply it evenly on your hair length using a hairbrush.
- Keep it for 30 minutes and rinse with water or a sulfate-free shampoo.
- Apply once a week to reduce hair fall.
2) Fenugreek seed powder hair mask for itchy and oily scalp
- Take 2-3 tbsp of Fenugreek Seed Powder and mix it with one egg and 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Make a thick paste and apply it on your hair length.
- Leave it for 30-40 minutes, and then rinse with normal water or any mild shampoo.
- Use this mask twice a month to soothe irritated scalp and remove excess oil/ dryness from your scalp.
3) Fenugreek hair conditioning hair mask for shiny hair
- Take 2-3 tbsp of Fenugreek Seed Powder. Mix it with 2 tbsp of curd, few drops of lemon juice, honey and lukewarm water.
- Make a fine paste and apply it all over your hair using a hairbrush.
- Leave it for 45 minutes, and then rinse it off with water.
- Use twice a month to restore lost hair shine and to prevent further hair damage.
Do try these effective and easy-to-make hair masks at home for glossy and healthy hair, and don’t forget to share your experience with us as your comments below. In case you have your own Fenugreek Seed Powder in hair mask ideas, do share them with us and we will publish your story in our next article with due credits to you.