Change is the only constant—an idiom we are way too familiar with nowadays. Interestingly, today’s fashion also gives you complete freedom to look like a star as much as you want. Sounds interesting? Change your hair colour and see. You will be surprised how different it makes you look each time. But those of us already habituated to hair colouring, we know that we are either non-reactive towards chemicals, or we are hyperreactive towards them. But wait! Did you know that you could also become hyperreactive towards a chemical if you keep using it for long?
In this episode of “Beautiful Naturally with Saumya Tandon” many such facts that were till now unknown to the common man are meticulously disclosed by the experienced and highly knowledgeable guests.
The episode begins with the well known actress of our times, Adaa Khan, from “Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi” fame, dazzling the audience and her fans. Saumya takes her on a fun trip through memory lane and helps unveil a few of her best kept beauty and style secrets. Adaa also openly discusses about her sheer love for hair colouring and about her valuable learning from it, especially regarding organic hair dye. Are you a die-hard fan of Adaa Khan? Then it could very predictably be said about you too that you also love colouring your hair just like Adaa does. Watch and learn from Adaa how she handled her bad hair colour experiences, something that you just cannot miss out on, by clicking here.
Dr. Ameesha Mahajan, the well acclaimed Dermalotogist, then joins in the show, this being her third appearance on the show. She shares her extensive knowledge on allergies caused by chemical hair dyes. She also shares a few invaluable handy tips on how to protect hair, scalp and skin from chemical hair dye allergies. Whether you have a normal or sensitive scalp, you can keep hair color allergies at bay by following these steps:
1) Always do a patch test before applying hair color directly on your hair to see if you are allergic to that hair color or not. To do a patch test, take a small amount of color and apply it behind any one of your ear. Leave it for 20-30 minutes, and if you don’t feel any itching or burning sensation, the color is safe to use for you.
2) If your skin is sensitive or prone to allergies, always go for a chemical-free hair color as they cause the least allergies. Hypo allergic hair colours are also the safest hair colours for all skin types.
3) To protect your scalp from directly coming in contact with hair color, apply a little amount of Vaseline to your hairline.
4) Always check the ingredients of the hair color before you buy it. Go for a PPD-free hair color, so much so that not even the derivatives of PPD should be present in it.
5) Always use a skin-pH-friendly hair color to avoid deadly allergies.
6) If you are using hair color at home, always mix the developer and color in an accurate ratio to avoid scalp itchiness or hair damage.
Do you know that not all hair colors are allergy-free for all skin types? A product can claim to be a hypo allergic hair colour only after it has been vigorously lab tested. Free from harmful chemicals and PPD, Indus Valley Hypo Allergic Hair Colour is as pure as water with skin-pH-friendly ingredients. In fact, it is a certified allergy-free hair color, exclusively tailored for the sensitive scalp. Many other startling disclosures have been made by the skincare experts and knowledgeable guests in this episode, which you just cannot miss for your own safety.